This is how it boils down – you are new. You haven’t done this before. You have no “3-5 years’ experience” tucked under a slightly taught belt at your waistline. Your references consist of over-zealous professors, TAs and the hardware store you worked at in high school. At the end of the day your business has had a total of 0 clients. And here is the kicker — you are awesome! Your product rocks, your abilities are one-of-a-kind and what you’re offering is ingenious. So here you stand, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, your new website fresher than your outfit on the first day of school. Then — crickets.
So what is it that will really get the traffic flowing? It’s simple: You. Even if you aren’t the one doing the writing, you is what you’re selling, no matter the product or service. There’s no shame in not being able to do it yourself. But if you stick to posting consistent content, you just might start moving somewhere. Here are 5 reasons why keeping your website content consistent will help boost your SEO and also establish authority.
- It Promotes Engagement and Meaningful Relationships – We live in an ever changing world – one in which we see people less face-to-face and more through the lens of our laptops. Just because we are not in the flesh, doesn’t mean we are not establishing meaningful relationships online. Being consistent with your posts means that you are showing up and engaging with the community – you are making your presence known and providing something that can be depended on. This not only equates to followers, it also increases the chance of backlinks (people linking your content on their site). The more backlinks you have, the better your SEO.
- It Provides Quality Web Content – Consistent blogging shows your users that you are competent. In addition, longer and more significant content increases your SEO. The more in-depth you are on a consistent topic over time, the more of an “expert” you become. The more quality content you add, the longer your readers will stay on your site and appreciate your product. You’re not only showing your users that you are on-the-ball, you are boosting your SEO at the same time.
- It Makes You Relevant in Your Field – As mentioned above, the world is ever changing. If you become quiet or passive, your clients will move on. This is true in any business, but it is especially true on the web. There is a fine balance between remaining relevant and becoming overpowering (don’t you just HATE those companies that email you daily?) Well timed, consistent and relevant posts keep you at the top of the pile. They are a like a nudge to remind your customers you are still there without being too in-their-face. Also, the more recent and updated your site is, the better your SEO.
- It Forms a Foundation – Humans are creatures of habit. We like repetition and consistency. Not only will showing up to write on a regular basis help you in your business, it will make others remember you. They will come to expect your presence, depend on it even, and therefore begin to form a habit around following your posts. Followers create a solid foundation of potential clients, return users and sharers, all of which better your business and your SEO.
- It Builds Your Brand – Who are you? What do you do? Establish your keywords and logo as your fundamentals. Repeat them, in detail, to form solid keyword searches. Once you have a brand you can be referenced, tagged, and represented. Establishing your brand in your posts is crucial – it is the secret sauce that kicks your SEO to a whole new level.
Consistent blogging boosts your SEO and builds authority through establishing relationships, providing relevant and quality information and forming a foundation of followers around your brand.
For more information about Triassic Media Group, contact us today. Find out how we can help you boost your business.